Each year at the Home and Family Conference we highlight Cultural Art projects and Heritage Skills
Please note the following regulations regarding projects
- No Pre-registration is needed. You may bring forms with the item at
Conference. All items will be displayed
- Each county is allowed ONE (1) entry in one of the four categories: Quilts,
Needlework, Crocheting/Knitting, or Crafts/Miscellaneous
- Each county is allowed one (1) entry in the special project category.
- The entire article entered must be a finished item and the work of Indiana
Extension Homemaker member(s).
- The exhibit must have been completed with the last two (2) years, and
never before exhibited at Home and Family Conference.
- There will be a 1st place winner in each of the four (4) categories along with
a winner of the Special Project. Winners will be announced at the closing
- Viewers will have the chance to vote for each category. The times for
voting will be announced.
- IEHA is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, MISPLACED, OR BROKEN ITMES.
- Each county is responsible for getting the entry to Conference for setup.
Materials used for transport cannot be left in the Cultural Arts display area.
- There should be no visible personal identification on the entry.
- No Volunteer Community Support items will be accepted.
- Each year, plans are to have a special feature category.
- Download Cultural Arts Exhibit Info 2018-19
Cultural Arts Special Project 2018
For 2019, the committee has chosen a birdhouse for the Special Project. The birdhouse must be homemade and an original design. We ask that no kits be used. The birdhouse is not to be taller than 15 inches.
The committee also decided to add an additional category to the regular projects. We will be adding a category for Knitting/Crocheting; this will make 4 categories to include Quilts, Needlework, Other Crafts and Knitting/Crocheting.
We invite each county to choose 1 item for the Special Project and 1 item for the additional craft categories for a total of 2 items entered per county. We look forward to a very successful Home and Family Conference in Indianapolis in 2019.