Career Advancement Scholarship Form
Eight (8) $500 Scholarships will be given. One (1) as the Eleanor Arnold Award to an IEHA member, one (1) as the Ann Hancook Award to a degree in the medical profession, and six (6) random scholarships.
Read and follow the instructions for completing the application. Applications that are incomplete or that have missing information will not be considered. Scholarships are usually granted for Undergraduate degrees rather than Masters degrees. Scholarships will be awarded with regard to financial need. Former winners may reapply.
Due March 15th sent to the attention of Stephanie Jerabek at the Huntington County Extension Office, 1340 South Jefferson Street, Huntington, IN 46750.
Ruth B. Sayre Scholarship Information
The Ruth B. Sayre Scholarship is a memorial scholarship of $500 offered for the purpose of fostering educational development of women.
Country Women's Council-USA sponsors the scholarship. IEHA is a member of CWC. IEHA will only sponsor the applications of Indiana residents.
Due to March 1st to current IEHA State President
Steps to Success
1. Applicant must be a resident of the State of Indiana.
2. Applicant must be admitted or be enrolled in an accredited college or university or an accredited vocational or technical program. This should be a two-year program earning an industry certification in the chosen field.
3. Vocational and technical scholarship applicants must include a letter from school advisor stating that candidate is on track for graduation.
4. Attach the following to completed application:
a. Two (2) character reference letters from persons not related to you.
b. Official High School transcript of courses completed, including GPA and class rank.
c. A copy of the College/School acceptance letter, if courses have not started.
d. A copy of acceptance letter to an accredited vocational/technical school.
e. A letter of recommendation from your primary technical instructor or director.
f. A 500-word essay describing the life skills applicant has developed through high school and community involvement. Include educational background, financial need, volunteer or community service activities and how applicant would benefit from this scholarship.
5. Applications must be postmarked by MAY 1 to be considered. Applications postmarked after May 1 will not be considered.
Five (5) $500.00 scholarships will be given:
Four (4) to an applicant admitted to or enrolled in a state accredited college or university and one (1) to a state accredited vocational and technical program.