First Timer Award due March 15
Never been to Home and Family Conference?!! You could qualify and receive a First Timer Award to help defray the cost of attending. Ten state winners are selected – one from each IEHA District. Read the information here, then move on to the application.
FIRST TIMER FACTS
- One (1) winner is chosen in each District.
- Each District Representative reports the winner to First Timer Chair.
- The Chair will correspond with the winners.
- Winners should register for Conference and housing upon announcement of award at their District Meeting.
- Winners must attend the entire Conference.
- The registration receipt must be sent to the State Treasurer before release of the funds.
- Winners receive a $150.00 check from IEHA State Treasurer after summiting receipt.
- The $150.00 is to be applied toward the cost of conference.
- If unable to attend Conference, entire amount of funds received must be returned to the State Treasurer.
DISTRICT & COUNTY WINNERS
- Not all districts and counties choose their own First Timers.
- District and county winners do not receive money from the State Organization.
- Awards may vary depending upon the district or county.
- District and county winners are not given special Conference seating.
- District and county winners may be asked to stand for recognition from where they are seated.
- It is the responsibility of the district or county to provide further recognition of these winners.
ALL FIRST TIMERS
- First Timers are asked to check-in at the First Timers table at Conference Registration. Check Conference schedule for time and place.
- First Timer ribbons to attach to your name badge are available from First Timer Registration near Conference Registration.
- Door banners are not allowed for winners at any level.
County First Timer Application are due to DR by March 15. District First Timer winner applications are due by April 1 to First Timer Chair. Chair name and address is listed in the IEHA Directory .